Last weekend, like you all know, sorry, I mean frequent readers of my blog know, I was bride’s maid at a relative’s wedding, and the dresses we wore were tube tops accompanied by long dresses, so you can imagine which part of our female body was all out, yes! You guess right, our shoulders and the most sensitive part was the under arms.
Well for one to be confident in a tube top, or dress, one ought to have amazing under arms. What if you have not yet achieved those awesome under arms that your dearly want? Well, worry no more as here are some remedies that I have found to ensure you build that confidence in wearing anything that will automatically show off your under arms.
Some thing to note is, it is very normal for your underarms to be at least one shade darker than your normal skin complexion, unless you are among the lucky few.
Here are tips that I use:
1. I shave, not wax….this is because, I find it easier shaving than waxing and waxing especially with dark waxes, can cause your underarms to actually appear darker than they already are.
2. I change my shaving blade every one to two weeks,yeah, a little costly but worth it, or whenever your blades starts to feel sticky or blunt, it means it is time to change the blade , lest you get rough under arms that are not appealing in any way.
3.I use a mixture of one tea spoon of baking soda and lemon juice,and scrub this mixture under my under arms and in this way, it helps kill all the bacteria that is clogging my pores and this way my underarms appear fresh and clearer,this helps if it is done at least 3-4 times a week, or more or less, depending on how sensitive your skin is.
4. I use potatoes, nature’s natural bleach,if used at least 5-6 days every week, results can be more effective.Just cut the potato into two n rub the half onto your under arm.
5. Avoid using all types of deodorants that you come across, just in order to lighten your underarms, stick to one deodorant please, I have been loyal to one deodorant, ever since I started using one.
6.If you do not like using deodorants, because it is true they are made up of various UN natural material, you can opt to use baking soda as a natural deodorant, just get a face pad, and use it to rub the deodorant onto your under arms.
7. Avoid tight dark tops, their dark texture and your friction against them can be a reason why your under arms are still a shade darker.
How long will it take for me to see the change, you ask?
I honestly do not know, because we are all different and our bodies react differently to different products, so be consistent in doing this and have patience.
I personally saw change in two months and they get better by the day, and my condition depends on how consistent I remain.