Some people generally have long nails, that is, their nails grow out long and fast, this is because, like I always say we are all different and unique in our own beautiful ways.
I personally have long nails, as they tend to grow fast guess it is in the genes or something, but my elder sister’s Sally nail? Oh my, they just would not grow!!But this was until three months ago. We tried on some few remedies that have proven to work, even though we are all different and unique in our own ways, we tend to have similarities as human beings, so try it out, if your nails also will not grow and see if it will work for you like it worked for my sister!
And remember to first learn the type of nails you have, either the normal (lucky you), dry, damaged or soft. Work with the following while knowing your nail type.
1. Instead of using the normal colourless nail polish as your base coat, try using the colourless nail harder nail hardener, that is you are replacing your colourless nail polish, with the nail harder , of which is colourless in colour too, that’s an added advantage.
2. Massage you nail cuticles with Lanolin cream and then dip in warm water for like 5-10 minutes, this ensures that you stimulate growth to your nail cuticle and hence you will enhance growth. If you want a more natural method, massage your cuticles with olive oil.
3. Avoid biting your nails, this one very bad habit, if you want to grow out your nails long. If it is too hard for you, buy one of those bitter tasting kind of polish in the market, apply and you will not like the taste once you attempt to bite.
4. Avoid using fake nails; Especially the gluing kind of fake nails, they tend to weaken your nails, if you have to use them, make sure it does not become a habit, rather let it be a once in a blue moon idea.
5. This is often said, but I will not mind to repeat it, drink plenty of water! Yes, water is that essential to any form of growth in our body, from head to toe. Love water and growth will love you!
6. Avoid using acetone; there is this new type of nail polish that is In town, the gel nail polish. Yes, I know it is awesome, it saves you time spent in the salon, fixing your nails, as it stays on as long as one and a half months. The only negative impact is, one must use acetone to get it off your nails. So if you love the gel and still want to grow your nails long, try using it sparingly.
7. File your nails often. Make sure you file in the direction your nails grow.
8. Keep it Natural, by this I mean, let your nails breath, away from nail polish and all,once in a while, don’t move from one nail polish to the next from January to December.
For instace, I was so in love with the deep orange colour, in that I would have it on my nails throughout. I later realized that my nails were beginning to have stain, orange-ish kind of stain, I let them breath and they retained their natural colour. Be cautious. Now that you know this, act on it.
I can leave without showing you guys the type of nail polish colour that suit our African colour.
‘Experience is the Child of thought, and thought is the child of action’