‘Beauty is what lays on the inside, it just looks better when taken care of from the outside too’
Well, I used to be one of those ladies who wash their face and apply some moisturizer and go about their business because they have a normal type of skin. This went on until I became a victim of acne. Trust me, you can only imagine the kind of research that went down…lol
I want to make this clear, if you are 21 years and above, you need to know that nature is no longer on your side, you need to take good care of your skin, unless you want to look 35 when u only 25!!
That reminds me, we recently celebrated my elder sister’s 24th Birthday and I jokingly said..…’sissy you growing old!’… And she was like, ‘As long as I look 20, does it matter.’ And yes, I agree, even when I get to 50 years, as long as ill look 30?!?! , I will have no complains! lol
I also realized that, I was not getting younger and I recommend all ladies (even men) above the age of 21 to learn how to take care of their skin, especially their faces; this is because at this age, is when you are really growing up and a lot is happening inside your body.
The skin is the biggest organ in our body; it is very fundamental and hence ought to be given special care it requires.
Like I promised in my previous blog, here is a summary of my night time routine; I do this daily to ensure my face remains, germs free, clear, soft and for it to maintain it PH .
1. Warm Water
2. Facial Cleanser
3. Facial Toner
4. Clean towel.
6. Moisturizer or any Face Cream of your choice
1. Wet your face with warm water. This is because you do not want to apply he cleanse on dry skin. It is not recommended.
2. Put an ounce of my moisturizer in your hand and apply it on your face; I personally use the Neutrogena Facial Cleanser. The cleanser is mainly used in order to remove all the impurities that have covered your face after all the hard day’s work, it helps remove all the dirt, sweat as well as make up for those that use make up on their faces.
3. Rub the cleanser on your face until lather forms. Note; be gentle, and do this for a few minute, never let it go beyond a minute.
4. Then wash it off with warm water, and I emphasize: warm water. Not cold water or hot water, this is because, cold water may not effectively do the job and hot water may over do the job.
5. Dry your face with a soft towel. Try tap – drying, (tap dry) do not be hash drying your face.
6. ***kip this step if you do not have acne (pimples)*** Apply any Benzyl Peroxide cream, as prescribed by your pharmacist.
7. Then take your cotton band (shown in the photo below) wet it with your toner and apply. I personally use the Neutrogena Facial Toner. The toner helps to retain the PH of your skin; this is because the cleanser may have washed away some essential oils needed by your skin. The toner also helps take away any cleansing material that may have not been completely washed away when rinsing. This is important because, the cleanser is meant to wash your face, not stay on your face.
8. Wait for your face to dry. (don’t wipe off the toner)
9. Then apply your moisturizing cream, or your face cream. In here, one can use the skin care cream that best works for their skin.
10. You can now get into bed, without a worry about your face being at risk.
11. Do this every day if you have acne, If you have normal skin, do this at least every 3-4 days a week (your skin will tell you) and you will notice the difference, in between 2-4 weeks.
Forgot to take my earrings off when taking the pic,so never forget to!
1. When buying your cleanser ensure that it has natural or organic components as well as your toner, because one can never go wrong with natural/ organic ingredients.
2. Know if your skin is allergic to some products and avoid them.
3. If any negative reactions occur see a doctor and discontinue use.
Be sure to tweet me back the result @irenekamau78
Or share a pic of your beautiful skin on (hashtag)ladiesgonenatural