Today, I want to talk about nape hair. A colleague was telling me that her nape hair just won’t grow and she did not know what to do about it. She happens to be one of the many women who have nape hair growth issue. Below are a few remedies for nape hair loss.
First things first. What is nape hair? Nape hair is that hair which is closest to the back of one’s neck. Why is it that many women have issues growing out their nape hair? Well one of the leading causes of this condition includes; chemical damage, styling, mechanical damage, heat damage and neglecting that vulnerable part of the hair.
But how can one repair this nape hair issue? Here are some of the effective ways I suggested and they mostly likely are working for her, try and let this issue be history.
1. Avoid combing the area, rather opt to finger detangle as combing tends to be rather harsh and may cause further damage to the section.
2. If you are relaxed, make sure the nape area is the last in order of the relaxing process to avoid over processing causing damage.
3. Make sure each time you go to bed , you have your head covered with a satin scarf or better yet you can go to bed on a satin pillow case. This not only prevents moisture loss, but it also helps reduce friction onto your hair and hence minimal damage.
4. Massage your nape with castor oil to stimulate blood flow and hence encourage growth at least five times a week if not every day.
5. Ensure you are keeping the area moisturized using the LOC METHOD. (I have an article on it here in case you are not conversant with the term LOC method) This includes; a liquid, oil and cream for sealing. For such cases, castor oil is the most recommended oil because it is thicker and will hold in the moisture that your nape desperately needs.
6. Avoid styles that pull and weaken the area. I was one of the victims of broken edges and ever since I started reduce styles that pull the edges, only then did I begin to see growth.
7. Ensure you use a heat protectant whenever you are subjecting your hair to heat. Also ensure that heat is at an average temperature to prevent further damage.
Hope this helps someone. For any feedback tweet me @irenekamau78
Best wishes, keep it 100. Deuces!