Do you sometimes feel weighed down, worried, stressed or overwhelmed by the things of this world? Well, child you are not alone. We all have those days. And good news is, you can overcome. Because with Jesus what is *with-in* is stronger than what’s *with-out*. Every day is not always going to be good day. It is just but part and parcel of being a human being. Plus, sunshine is great, but wouldn’t it also be boring if every day was a sunny. Just saying.
So what should we do, when we realize that we are slowly sinking? When we make a decision not to let all the weight of the world have a toll on us. Well, here are a couple of helpful ideas I compiled. They have helped me in the past and I still continue to apply them when necessary. It is my sincere hope that they help you too.
- Exercise: When was the last time you worked your whole body? I am not talking about, walking to catch a cab, or lifting a few pounds of your grocery shopping to the house. I am talking dedicating time, setting a time frame, to just go sweat out your stress. Whether it’s that gym membership you pay for but never get use, that yoga session that you have been planning on attending or that Zumba class you attended 3 months ago, whichever your pick is. Take some time and just go refresh and keep that blood pumping. Keep Stress at bay!
- Meditate/Breathe: This has to be one of my favourite, hands down. I never took meditation seriously, until I saw the wonders it does to my body and mood in general. I literally take long deep breathes whenever I feel overwhelmed, and the calmness it brings is undeniably real. I have taken this method so seriously that I religiously take deep breathes on the daily, regardless of whether I have scheduled for meditation or not. Here is something I do in the shower that brings me so much inner peace. While my water is running through my body (Kindly note you can do this anywhere as long as it’s in a fresh/ open air), I use my thumb to close/cover one side of my nose and take a deep breathe with the open nose, hold my breath, then cover the other side of the nose and exhale with the other side if the nose. Oh the wonders this technique does, Only the Lord knows. Feel free to ty it and tell me how it makes you feel.
- Drink Water: I don’t know how often I will need to explain this, especially in my writing. Guys, our bodies are 60% water. I mean what more can I say. We need water. You need to hydrate your body. It always sounds so cliché but it needs to be said. If you do not enjoy drinking water, try spicing it up. Like, incorporate some water melon slices, cucumber, lemons, strawberries, mint, whatever it takes to make you enjoy your water, do it.
- Talk to God: The Bible tells us in Philippians 4:6-7 Says ‘Do not worry about anything, but in all your prayers ask God for what you need, always asking him with a thankful heart. 7And God’s peace, which is far beyond human understanding, will keep your hearts and minds safe in union with Christ Jesus.’ And also Mathew 6:25-27 Says, “This is why I tell you: do not be worried about the food and drink you need in order to stay alive, or about clothes for your body. After all, isn’t life worth more than food? And isn’t the body worth more than clothes? Look at the birds: they do not plant seeds, gather a harvest and put it in barns; yet your Father in heaven takes care of them! Aren’t you worth much more than birds? Can any of you live a bit longer by worrying about it? Friends, Need I say more? Go talk to He, who is Always Listening.
- Take some time off. I mean go and unplug: Whether it is time by yourself, your family and friends, whichever one that helps you feel at more at peace just take time and go unwind. Go do a leisure activity that you have been planning on doing but have been putting off. For instance, you can plan to get a body massage, treat yourself to a sauna and exfoliation day. Too much sugar can cause stress too, try detoxifying your body, it always feels great! A short term personal relief from the hustle and bustle of everyday life for me, means, taking a long walk around my favourite lake, river, or a river. I feel so freshened and Come back with a refreshed state of mind. Try it!
- Get or house-sit a pet: I cannot speak for everyone here. But being surrounded by animals brings me so much inner peace, I cannot even put it into words. You do not have to necessarily buy a pet, you could house-keep someone’s pet. Be it a dog, a cat, a horse, a cow or fish. It does not even have to be a domestic animal. You could go visit that local zoo near your area. Go see the Wild animals. Spend some time with the animals. Remember they are God’s creation too. Maybe that’s why their presence brings so much calmness. They may not talk back to you, but maybe, just maybe that’s all you need. Science has actually proven that we are more at peace when we are around animals, what a gift from God!
- Listen to music: Oh, I am yet to meet a human being that does not enjoy listening to music. I mean, whatever kind that you are into, just do you! Go unplug with music or dance and if it means gospel, country, RnB, reggae, hip hop, I mean whatever kind, just set some time, listen to the music you love and dance away in a place where no one will be present to judge your unprofessionalism and lack of talent, and when I say lack of talent I am talking about me. Ha!
I hope these tips help you and remember, it’s never that serious. So don’t let little things steal your joy! The Bible says Joy belongs to you. Can you please believe and own what is already yours! Good Luck. And while you are at it, do you boo!
Also Let’s catch up on here:
To go back to the Hair Category: http://kenyankinks.com/category/hair/