For your hair to grow Out the way you want it (long or short),depending on your taste and preference,because sure thing is,we all want healthy hair.You must start off in Faith.Am a faith filled christian,and so I believe n trust in all that the LORD tells us in His word,from this is when I took the petition to the LORD,basing my argument from the verse in the Bible in 1st Cor5inthians 11:15.It says,
1. Trim the ends of your hair as often as possible,preferably 3-6 months,but if ur hair grows fast then do 2 months.Reason is,the hair at the ends is usually weak and this causes your hair to look unequal,this is like when u cut off leaves of a tree it tends to grow out healthier,better n stronger,plus that is the oldest part of your hair.it hurts ladies,I know,been there,done that,so if you want change be bold enough to get the trim,rem,1 inch or half an inch,or just the tip.
2. Protective styles…..this means put your hair in protective styles…and by protective styles,I mean,styles that protect your hair,such as buns,braids,Bantu knots anything saw in,this way your hair is not out there exposed to heat,in wind and such,rather its safe.
3. Be extra gentle when you De-tangle your hair. By this ,I mean,don’t comb your hair with small or tiny-toothed combs,use a wide toothed comb. In this way you avoid break-age.Make sure when it comes to your hair you are in no hurry….if you arein a rush,let it be till you have that time.
4. Deep condition every week.that is,if u don’t have it braided out,as a starter (of growing out natural hair) try conditioning every one to two weeks, this also applies to all other continuing to be natural,depending on your schedule and your type of hair.But remember don’t over wash your hair.
5. Stay away from heat,for at least 6-12 months,and by this I mean,keep off any form of heat,blow dry,tonging,styling heat,any form of heat,just braid,n maintain in any way you want but keep away from heat.I know what you saying,how can I survive without heat,all styles need heat,yes I know, but I survived so can you,try braiding ,weaving,wigs,these are the so-called protective styles,they keep your hair protected and also away from heat,if necessary but straighten your hair and have it in any protective style.if able stay for year,I can assure you within a year you will be able to see the difference.
6. Shampoo roots of your hair. By this, I mean,when washing your hair,soap goes to the roots not the tips or ends of your hair,when shampoo drips it will reach the rest of the hair anyway. Concentrate on the roots of your hair when washing. Always remember that, the hair at the tips is the oldest piece of hair on your head, hence it really needs,TLC…..Tender,Love and Care.
7.Be patient….please ladies be patient,just because,I brought all this tips for you,it does not mean its going to work like magic,no!Hair growth takes time,especially African hair depending on the type of African hair you have. Plus everyone’s body reacts differently,depending on what they eat,hormones their genes and stuff like that,so don’t be like,tick -tock, checking your hair growth,do all this n forget about it,go about your business,let your hair grow at its own pace.
Feel free to comment or give feed back:
Instagram: @Kenyan Kinks
To go to the Hair Category: http://kenyankinks.com/category/hair/