Well, I had never been a victim of acne not in my teenage hood,when I turned 20 or ever until 5 months ago. I had always had this ‘perfect skin’ until this particular day in the month of August 2014 when I woke up to stiff pimples on my forehead. I thought it was a normal thing and that it would soon go away. How wrong was was because it turned to be a nightmare.The doctor diagnosed it as acne. oh, I know!
It took me three long months to completely clear up my skin. Life has taught me to always make something positive out of all my not so good situations. This is why I am here, trying to assist anyone out there who might be going through the same situation out there.
I did my research and found that acne is caused by clogged pores in our body, excess oils (fats), or at times due to physical dirt clogging the pores hence causing an outbreak. The outbreak mainly occurs on the face, upper back of the body, the chest and others upper part on the arm. Reason? This is because it is where the sebaceous gland is concentrated.
There are various physical ways that one can include in their routine to help curb acne. They include;
1. Avoid touching you face: Our hands are the one of the most active parts of our body. They move a lot, they are involved in touch. Always remember to keep those ‘dirty’ hands away from your face; this will reduce transfer o germs from our touchy hands to our faces. If need really be, then ensure that you wash clean your hands before touching your face.
2. Wipe your phone: If you have never noticed how many times your phone goes to your face, pick a day and you will be shocked. Have you also noticed that your hardly get time to wipe it, or sterilize it, I know. I have been there too. Try to wipe your phone as often as you possibly can. I personal use methylated spirit to cleanse my phone, this way I kill residue formed around your phone. Also note that you share your phone around, like when you give someone to talk to another using your phone, just keep it clean.
Wipe your sunglasses: Generally what I am saying here is wipe all stuff that goes to your face, in this way you protect yourself from clogging of dirty.
Cleanse your face twice a day: Ensure no matter how tired or lazy you feel, never go to bed without washing it, trust me; it will thank you when you are past 50 years. Find in my earlier articles my night time facial routine.
3. Exfoliate: Make sure you exfoliate your face at least twice a month. This helps open up your pores and allow oxygen to work through your follicles. I love steam!
4. Cleanse your make up brushes as well as your powder pad: Ensure you do this at least every week. This is because they tend to build up dirt and can be the reason you could be having closed pores. Cleanse or better yet, sterilize all the brushes that go on your face.
5. Ensure that you wear sunscreen whenever you are going out to the sun. This is a must do. Also try wearing a hat,this will help avoid direct sunlight on your face as well as eyes.You do not want sunburn on acne prone skin.
Always remember to carry around powdered wet wipes: This will come in handy in any unexpected ‘face situation’. Also remember, as much attention as you pay to your outside ought to be replicated to your inside. What do I mean by this? Ensure you eat healthy and drink lots of water. Your skin will thank you for it, xoxo!
Lots of Love, Lets catch up on here:
To go back to the Hair Category: http://kenyankinks.com/category/hair/